Murphy’s Law states that if anything can go wrong, it will, at the worst possible moment. But you can break Murphy’s Law on your wedding day by being prepared for unwanted emergencies. By putting together a crisis kit, you can save your time, energy and nerves should something start to go wrong.
To create your crisis kit, decorate a bucket or basket in coordinating colors. As you think of all the possible things that could solve your wedding day emergencies, take the items and put them in your bucket or basket. Before you know it, you’ll be more than prepared.
Some of the items are available in travel sizes for convenience. This crisis kit also makes a creative bridal shower gift. Here’s a starter list of supplies.
- Fingernail polish; one bottle in your color and one bottle of clear to fix runs in stockings
- Extra stockings
- Anti-static cling spray
- Mirror, brush, comb, hair spray, bobby-pins, safety-pins
- Needle and thread
- Deodorant, talcum powder and hand lotion
- Extra blush, waterproof mascara, eye-shadow, lipstick, lip gloss
- Spray-on spot remover
- Hair dryer and curling iron
- Sanitary needs
- Telephone list of all members in the wedding party
- Telephone list of your photographer, florist, caterer, limousine service, videographer, etc. Also include your second and third choice of these services in case one cancels at the last minute
- Plastic bags for quick clean-ups