We know your bride-to-be will appreciate all the help you can give with planning the wedding. Following is a list of planning details easily assumed by the groom.
- Decide division of financial obligations. (see article)
- Set budget.
- Set appointment with clergyman.
- Prepare your guest list.
- Choose your best man and ushers. (one usher per every 50 guests)
- Plan your honeymoon.
- Check passports and visas.
- Buy wedding rings & order engraving.
- Select formal wear.
- Find a new place to live.
- Shop for new home furnishings.
- Make reservations for honeymoon.
- Have a complete physical exam and update your immunizations.
- Set appointment for blood test. (requirement varies from state to state)
- Shop for clothing for wedding trip.
Set date with your fiancé to get marriage license. (State laws vary as to length of valid license.)
- Make reservations for rehearsal dinner.
- Select your bride’s gift and gifts for your attendants.
- Review legal, medical and church documents.
- Find lodging for out-of-town guests.
- Reserve limousine or arrange special transportation for bridal couple and wedding party.
- Confirm honeymoon details and reservations.
- Arrange to move your belongings to new home.
- Plan bachelor party or dinner.
- Schedule hair-styling appointment.
- Confirm time and place of wedding rehearsal and rehearsal dinner with all attendants.
- Give final guest count to restaurant.
- Pick up wedding rings.
- Pick up your formal wear.
- Give best man clergyman’s fee in a sealed envelope for delivery.
- Pack for honeymoon.
- Relax, you’ve been a big help.