The bohemian look is so in style right now
The bohemian look is so in style right now, so why not embrace it for your bridal ensemble?
The boho-chic look is a great alternative for the free-spirited bride who wants to embrace an offbeat, worldly style on her special day. Bohemian style takes its cues from nature, using materials and colors with an earthy, organic feel – perfect for the couple looking to celebrate their nuptials in the great outdoors. I can just picture how beautiful this look would be for a casual beach wedding at sunset, an intimate destination wedding under a waterfall, or a rustic wedding on a country farm.
Just because the bohemian trend is super hot right now doesn’t mean you can’t get it at an affordable price. I found some great, stylish options for brides at any budget.
1. The crochet trim, antique ivory color, and layered tiers give this dress a distinctly bohemian feel, but with a luxurious, modern twist. “Harmony” dress by Claire Pettibone, approximately $4,250 (contact or visit your local Claire Pettibone bridal retailer for exact price). Photos by: forevigt.dk
2. This braided suede headband is the perfect flower-child alternative to a traditional veil. It would look absolutely heavenly with long, wavy, center parted hair. The flower is made of leather and lace with Swarovski crystal accents. Headband, $225, part of the Peace, Love, and Sparkle Collection by Tarina Tarantino.
3. A stack of twelve mixed gold and silver bangles gives the look an exotic flair. The bangles come in assorted finishes and textures, and no two sets are exactly alike. Bracelets, $130 by Alex and Ani.
4. This one-of-a-kind, beaded cuff is a stunning piece that will be sure to set you apart from the crowd. Made of exotic materials like turquoise nuggets, amber and wood beads, and suede, it is equal parts organic and opulent. Cuff, Beadwork by Cindy Caraway, $300.
5. Wear this gorgeous carved turquoise and sterling silver ring as a right hand ring… just make sure it doesn’t outshine your wedding ring! Ring by Steven Dweck, $560, available at Neiman Marcus.
6. A rustic leather belt adds an unexpected element that helps bring the ethereal dress back down to Earth. This one is made of buttery soft calfskin in the loveliest shade of tawny brown. Sash Belt, $128 by Johnston & Murphy.
7. Delicate bronze leather flats with a turquoise and crystal embellishment finish off the look perfectly. So chic and comfortable, you’ll be able to dance the night away! Sandals by Valentino, $575, available at Bergdorf Goodman.