Failing to consider these ahead of time could leave you unpleasantly surprised on your wedding day!
There is certainly nothing that should dissuade you from your vision of a beautiful seaside ceremony. As a matter of fact, there are many benefits.
Just know the issues and plan for them. Your wedding day will be a wonderful and joyous event!
- A beach wedding can be much cheaper than a traditional wedding. Who in this day and age can’t afford to save money? It is said that the average budget for a wedding these days is between $20,000 to $30,000! That is an enormous and unnecessary financial burden to be faced with!
Don’t start off married life enslaved by your wedding day debts. If you have that kind of money to spend, fine, but if not, don’t go there! Be practical and remember, the day is what you, your loved ones and your friends make of it…not how much you spent on it!
- A beach wedding can be a casual affair. It allows everyone to relax. Your guests can dress comfortably and affordably. Often brides-to-be are unaware of the financial strain they place on their wedding attendants and guests. Not everyone can afford to buy that wedding outfit.
- The wedding ceremony and reception can all be held right there on the beach. No need to travel to different locations. This is very convenient for everyone. Hey, even the kids can have fun at a beach wedding!
- A beach wedding allows you to involve everyone in the activities. Guests are not restricted to sitting quietly in their seats. They can actually be a part of the celebration!
- Beach weddings don’t always require a permit. If you are having a small ceremony and do not require a section of the beach to be blocked off…just do it! Simple yet lovely!
- A beach wedding is a modern and refreshing change from the “stodgy” traditional wedding. It allows your creativity and personality to shine through.
- There is no “right” or “wrong way” to plan a beach front wedding. It can be large, small, romantic, whimsical or even downright goofy! You can pay big bucks and hire everything out, or, you can be cheap and make everything yourself. The choice is completely yours!
Wedding pictures in Aalborg in Denmark
- The most important thing to remember when planning a beach wedding is that “Mother Nature” rules! Depending on her mood, she can brighten your day or rain on your parade! When planning your celebration, be sure to plan an “alternate location” should the old girl be cranky that day!
- The beach is usually a bit breezy so take that into consideration when picking your location. Try to choose a “cove” on the beach that is protected from direct winds.
- Be sure to check with local authorities regarding any permits needed to use the beach. This should only be necessary if you are having a large gathering and you want to block off a portion of the beach exclusively for you and your guests. Ask to be sure though.
- Check on the “Beach Rules”. Ask questions. Can you have candles on the beach? Can you play music into the night? How late can you stay? Is there an area nearby for open fires should you choose to barbeque?
- Speaking of food…don’t forget about the seagulls! They are notorious beggars and thieves. You can expect them to attend your beach wedding, uninvited! As long as you keep food covered and don’t feed them, they will stay on the sidelines.
- Remember the tides. You definitely do not want to be surprised by the quick and unanticipated arrival of high tide!
- On the beach, there will be bugs and sunshine! Make sure you consider the comfort of your guests. Bring sunscreen and insect repellant for those who did not remember to bring their own.
- Chairs may sink in the sand if you do not rent flooring to place under them. However, if you are planning a “beach blanket” reception, you will not need chairs. Remember your elderly guests though. Plan for their safety and comfort. You will need to provide them with chairs and beach umbrellas to protect them from the elements.
Beach weddings are absolutely beautiful but nature does provide an element of uncertainty. Careful planning on your part will eliminate most of them.
If every hair is not in place due to the ocean breezes or a seagull drops off his “wedding gift” a little to close to the punch bowl…
These are not flaws or imperfections in your day. They are “memories”! Cherish them and have fun!