While most people think of a wedding as an extravagant
While most people think of a wedding as an extravagant, formal event with attire to match, a short dress can be a great option for brides looking to add a more casual, playful element to the day. Short dresses are also super practical for outdoor weddings and summer season weddings – you will stay cool and comfortable, and you won’t have to worry about the hem of your dress dragging on the ground all day. The short hemline is fun and flirty, but sticking to a classic black and white color scheme with sparkling rhinestone accents keeps the look chic and sophisticated.
1. This statement-making necklace compliments the sweetheart neckline of the strapless dress perfectly. The design is so bold and modern, but still pretty at the same time. ‘Urban Brooch’ necklace from My Theresa, approximately $300 (prices are in Euros).
2. This gorgeous satin evening bag is the perfect accessory to hold all your wedding day essentials. The rhinestone embellishment gives it just the right amount of sparkle, and the pleated details make it unique. ‘Blinded’ purse by Stuart Weitzman, $498 from Zappos.
3. The drapey white chiffon and empire waistline of this dress give it an ethereal, goddess-like look, and the black sash ties up the look with elegance and sophistication. Strapless chiffon dress by BCBG Max Azria, $248 at Lord and Taylor.
4. A long, full veil would look out of place with a short dress. This blusher veil is a great alternative. It still has the classic bridal look, but the smaller proportion compliments the ensemble and the open netting shows off your natural beauty. Blusher veil, $77 from Brenda’s Bridal Veils.
5. Why spend money on expensive white shoes you’ll only wear once when you can wear these gorgeous black satin pumps instead? You’ll look amazingly chic on your wedding day, and the design is so classic and versatile you’ll be able to wear them for years to come. ‘Caroline’ pumps by Badgley Mischka, $225.95 from Endless.
1. This amazing layered necklace with sparkling rhinestone accent looks super expensive, but it has a price tag to fit almost any budget. I think I might like it even better than the designer version! Brooch necklace, $57.80 from White House / Black Market.
2. You don’t have to spend big bucks on designer label shoes to get an elegant, timeless look. This pair has the same basic silhouette and rhinestone embellishment as the splurge style, but for a lot less. The heel height is also a bit more manageable – a practical choice since you’ll likely be on your feet all day. ‘Sharmain’ pumps by Touch Ups, $56.95 from Endless.
3. This dress has all the same details of the designer version – short length, strapless silhouette, sweetheart neckline, draped bodice, and black sash. No one will know you bought it for a fraction of the cost! Strapless satin dress by Teeze Me, $59 from Dillard’s.
4. This veil is almost identical to the splurge version, and it will compliment the short and sweet look beautifully. I love the somewhat retro feel and the versatility of this piece. Birdcage veil, $32 from YJ Design.
5. The finishing touch is this beautiful black satin frame bag with rhinestone and bow embellishments. This purse is a great steal – a gorgeous, designer-inspired piece that won’t break the bank! Satin clutch by Jessica McClintock, $50 from Endless.