Ten Ways To Wed Like A Celeb
Ten Ways To Wed Like A Celeb – It’s official: Movie actress Nicole Kidman and country star Keith Urban got hitched this past weekend in what can only be described as a dream wedding. From the exquisite cliffside location to the celebrity guest list, there is little not to be envied about this gorgeous Australian bash. That’s why Weddingstand.com has compiled an exclusive report of all the juicy wedding details here, with the goal of helping you incorporate some star style into your own wedding!
Seriously, even if you are not able to spring for a Balenciaga wedding dress and a $150,000 ring, that doesn’t mean there aren’t plenty of ways you can emulate the celebrity style of Kidman and Urban’s glamorous wedding. Here are just a few tidbits from these star-studded nuptials you could include in your own grand bash:
- A Holiday Proposal. In a romantic move, Urban proposed to Kidman at Thanksgiving in his hometown of Nashville, Tennessee. Both sets of parents were present. After a weekend of eating and antiquing with the fam, Kidman came home sporting an enormous sparkly ring. Steal this star style by planning a festive proposal of your own, maybe Valentine’s Day or Christmas, and make sure to have all the parents there to share the joy.
- A Candlelit Ceremony. No doubt the magic of the movie stars’ “fairtytale” wedding can be largely attributed to the 1,000 candles the couple used to light the big church where their wedding was held. Scattering tea light votives throughout your wedding ceremony and then lining the altar or banisters with unity candles is a great way to add a little star-light to your own ceremony.
- Simple Sweet Wedding Ensemble. Despite being one of Hollywood’s highest-grossing actresses, Kidman kept her bridal ensemble sweet and simple with a girlish gown, pretty pearl drop earrings and a bouquet of white roses, freesias, gardenias and carnations. Check out these gorgeous white goodies to emulate a similar motif, and consider giving these pearl hair clips as bridesmaid gifts to coordinate the look.
- The Gift of Time. For wedding favors, the thoughtful couple gave out Tiffany desk clocks. Emulate this move by giving out these Tiffany style key chains or these silver pocket watches. Classic wedding favors, both practical and pretty, never go out of style.
- Close-to-Home Hen Night. Kidman’s bachelorette party was a simple girls’ night in featuring Chinese takeout and good conversation. Tame bachelorette parties are definitely replacing the former wild girls’ night out, but that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t still be fun and festive. Spruce up a girls’ night in with bachelorette tank tops and this fun photo album to commemorate the event.
- Ceremony at a Childhood Spot. The couple married in Kidman’s childhood church the Cardinal Ceretti Memorial Chapel at Saint Patrick’s estate, located in both stars’ childhood home of Australia. Picking a happy childhood place to get married inspires positive associations that fill you with peace and bliss on the Big Day. To get celebrity wedding style, begin by thinking of the childhood spot that never failed to fill you with joy. You may have found the perfect place to hold a star-style wedding ceremony!
- Short Ceremony, Lavish Reception. Emulate star style by having a shorter ceremony followed by a mega-reception. The Kidman–Urban ceremony only lasted ninety minutes, but the reception party went on until the wee hours. The couple served a lavish supper of chicken and salmon and Moet champagne, interspersed with dancing and celebrity singing performances from the likes of Hugh Jackman.
- A Charity Registry. In a classy move, the couple opted for the hot Hollywood trend of a charity registry in lieu of wedding gifts. If you’re willing to forsake a candle holder or two, you too could register like a celebrity.
- Ride Up in Style. Even if you aren’t famous, you’ll feel like a movie star when you rent a cream limousine for your ride to the church. Kidman looked radiant waving and smiling as she pulled up to her nuptial destination and you could do the same by calling a local limousine service to reserve one of these stylish rides. Remember it’s your last ride as a single gal, so do it right!
- Go to Premarital Counseling. That’s right, even this celebrity couple found time for a little premarital therapy, so surely you can fit it into your schedule too! But if you really don’t have time, weddingstand has the Cliff’s Notes version for you here.